Friday, January 18, 2008

Posted by xCHIPxSEM |















Continuing on with my South Florida worship, Shai Hulud was a band that the moment I heard them I went nuts. My friend Roy went and saw their first show with their then new singer Chad. He came back saying how "this band Shai Hulud was amazing. Their new singer is 14 and hes got this fucking voice...". I was sold. I went to the next show and was floored. This was before the 7 inch came out so they were playing alot of the demo material and kids went nuts for them. Im happy to say that 11 years later I am still very good friends with them as well as Chad and will be seeing them in March for the first time in 5 years. This design I bought at the Jimmy Rice benefit in November 1996. This, if memory serves, is their second design. The back they ended up using for the title of the first song on their first full length. Rev re-released all their early material (7 inch, split 7 inch, full length, comp tracks, etc) remixed and remastered and it sounds incredible. Pick it up.

0 comments: