Sunday, May 31, 2009

Posted by xCHIPxSEM |
Hi everyone,
Im back from Japan and had an incredible trip. To get the ball rolling again, I scanned the essay insert from Unbroken "Life. Love. Regret." You may be saying "Wait a second...my vinyl/CD doesn't have an essay insert." This was included in the early pressings of the record and was basically essays from each band member to be included with the record that touched on personal issues, their love of hardcore, Eric Allen's (at the time) attempted suicide. Cool stuff...also if you missed Burning Fight, Shirts For A Cure was selling an Unbroken shirt which sold out very quickly. Well that design is now available through their site and can be ordered here: Unbroken Tshirt from Shirts For A Cure. Heres what the design looks like:

7 comments:

dangerclose said...

nice post--I don't know why they would exclude this insert from later pressings seemed like essays were essential parts to records...what do I know I got it when it came out and I'm old

ERIC SXE said...

I've never understood the obsession with fucking Morrissey. I never liked The Smiths or any of his solo stuff. I was always way more into Robert Smith (The Cure) for that sort of vibe.

To each his own I guess....

Darasuum said...

i have the essays on my pressing of Life Love Regret, but my corners are clipped and the insert in like a cardboard-ish type paper. and instead of "the players:" and band names, my layout has a promo picture of them, in what looks like a bathroom. with the band names on top and bottom.

Darasuum said...

now that i look at other stuff, on Eric's essay, the address part is different also. i'm gonna have to scan mine and send it to you.

bloodorflies said...

huh, i'd love to support the cause, but can't see myself with morrissey across my chest.

"I'd rather go fuck myself than do the right thing for the wrong reasons" love that....don't remember that being in my copy...must have been though...the rest was.

Darasuum said...

this is what my layout looks like

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4431/unbrokenlayout.jpg

Anonymous said...

better to be obsessed with a well-read, creative lyricist like morrissey than a vain, banal, poorly-versed, doggerel dog like robert smith. you hyper-masculine, implicitly homophobic chumps would do well to get some taste. stewps.