Friday, September 3, 2010

Posted by Anonymous |
Hello everyone,

Jake here with another personal post. I turned 40 last month (August 12) and I contemplated doing a personal post on that day but ultimately decided against it. However, it's been quite a while since I've actually written anything of my own for this webzine/blog, so I figured that I'd do that now.

Even though my actual involvement in the hardcore scene in general is very limited now and confined almost exclusively to the internet, I am still VERY grateful to be involved in it. Music is by far my #1 passion in life and I am especially passionate about hardcore music being as how it's been a part of my life for a quarter of a century now. The fact that '90s hardcore is starting to garner the same respect and appreciation that '80s hardcore has enjoyed for a long time now pleases me to no end as even though I grew up on a steady diet of '80s hardcore as a teenager, the hardcore bands that I listened to and attended the shows of from the early to the mid '90s are the ones that had the biggest impact on me and my life.

In closing, I'd just like to thank Chip and Justin once again for making me a contributor to this webzine/blog over a year ago. I'd also like to thank everyone who is reading this as well. As corny as it sounds, after my wife, my dogs and a handful of both my family and friends, Stuck In The Past has been one of the very few bright spots in my life since getting laid off last November.

Respectfully Yours,

Jake

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Blog, thank you for it, and happy birthday.

Unknown said...

Agreed, this blog rules. Thanks for everything and Happy Birthday man.

ERIC SXE said...

Bravo Jake! I hear you on all that you've said here. I am 44 years old and still flying the hardcore/straight edge flag proudly! I love this music!

Nailed To The X indeed!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great blog - thanks for doing it!